Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Hump Day!

Happy Happy Humpday everyone! 

You know what's the worst? When its leg day and you're STILL sore from the last leg day... Ouch! 

I train legs 3 times a week... Monday's and Friday's I train Hamstrings and glutes, Wednesday's I train Quads and glutes, so today was Quads and Glutes day!

Today's workout was fairly short and sweet, but DEFINITELY to the point! 

Warm up:
Dynamic Stretching of your choice! (Don't skip this part... you'll regret it, I promise!)

Back Squat Work-up:

10 reps
8 reps
6 reps
4 reps
2 reps

The goal of this Work-up is to start with moderately challenging weight for the first set of 10 reps, then continue to increase your weight until you get to the 2 rep set, which by this time should be close to your maximum squat weight! Knowing that, increase accordingly per set :) 

Wide stance back squat 
3 sets of 8 reps, heavy 

Barbell Split Squats (this one is BRUTAL heavy) 
3 sets of 8, each leg, heavy 

Tri-Set
Dumbbell step-ups 
2 sets of 10, each leg

Glute push downs on the assisted pull-up machine
2 sets of 10 

Dumbbell Lateral lunges with a leg raise
2 sets of 8, each leg 

Superset: 
Glute Kickback Machine 
3 sets of 8 with an 8 pulse at the top on the last rep

Quad extensions
3 sets of burnouts, single leg and double leg 



Que booty pump, then limp out of the gym, haha! 

But seriously, my legs gave out walking back to the locker room to get my stuff, I was SO embarrassed!

Give that routine a shot and let me know what you think! Enjoy :)  

1 comment:

  1. I really loved the cute and pink them of your blog. I also do exercise not daily but whenever I get time it’s really good for our health

    ReplyDelete