Thursday, June 14, 2012

Squats and PR!


Okay, so I'm a little late, but I'm super stoked because in April, my 3 rep max was 155lbs, and my 1 rep max was 185lbs. For my last workout, I did a pyramid, and for the last two sets (on the left) I did 185lbs for 4 reps, and (on the right) I did 205lbs for my one rep max! Hard work really does pay off! After tearing all the ligaments in my left ankle a couple months ago, I was worried that I would never be able to play or train the same again, but now I'm stronger than ever. So even through injuries, keep your head up and push through!
As for squats in general, they are great for you posterior chain! On leg day, make sure to include these in your workout. Either do a higher weight that challenges your for low reps, or like I did in a pyramid (10,8,6,4,1), or you can do lighter weight for lots of reps. Sometimes I'll do only 95 pounds, but I'll do that for 3 sets of 20. So make sure you pick a weight that really makes those last couple reps a burn and a struggle, and get after those squats! Have a good workout! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment