Friday, January 30, 2015

Sweating... in Pink Pants

Happy Friday FitFam! 

How about those quad lines! 
Do you know what the best deterrent at the gym is? Wearing some sort of colored pants that shows every drip of sweat that comes off of your body. Yum. No one will bother you when they can see your butt sweat, just sayin'. Who cares though? You aren't there for anyone but yourself, so wear what you want; Sweat like a pig, look like a fox. Promise the sweat is worth the outcome! ;)

 Speaking of sweat, I have a confession to make...

I was venturing around the workout section at Walmart and saw this $4 neoprene waist training wrap. I've never used any kind of waist trainer or wrap or even a belt to squat and dead lift. I've always been opposed, however I see everyone and their dog with all of these workout waist trainers that cost anywhere from $40 to $70, which I don't have, so I figured I'd give this little $4 wrap a shot. I was feeling super bloated, so what did I have to lose? Ummmmm apparently like 5 pounds a workout. I must say this little velcro neoprene thing makes you sweat so much! Even if it isn't actually doing anything, I feel "smaller" when I take it off because I've sweat off so much water weight! $4 well spent. Maybe it works, maybe not, but I love a good sweat, so I'm in! If you happen to be wandering around Walmart in the exercise section, maybe look at one!

Anywho, so as promised, my 3 favorite workouts of the week!

Upper Body: Landmine Press! This one is new to my routine, thanks to my boyfriend's recommendation, and its a shoulder crusher! Shoot for 3x10.

Lower Body: Lateral Swaying Lunges! Not gonna lie, I really didn't feel them much while I was doing them, but boyyyyy are my inner thighs sore! Stay at parallel and shift from one lateral lunge to the other. I use a barbell on my back and shoot for 3x12 each way.

Core: Good 'Ole Leg Lifts! You can literally superset these bad boys with anything and guarantee and great burn! I shoot for reps of 20.


No comments:

Post a Comment